Maybe your right arm is stronger than your left; maybe your body tilts east when you really wanna go west; or maybe your personal gyroscope hasn’t worked since the '90s. Whatever the case, the inability to paddle your recreational kayak in a straight line makes your experience on the water, well, challenging. Not to worry. We solved that problem with the Santee 116, a rec kayak that’s easy to paddle in a straight line! The Swede form design makes it simple (and fun and rewarding and spirit-lifting) to get from point A to point B . . . without wandering to all points in-between. You can toss enough gear in the ample rear hatch for a serious day trip, hit a river or lake or coastal inlet, and cut a smooth steady trail across the water. As a bonus, you won’t tear a rotator cuff putting the 116 on your roof rack because it tips the scales at a svelte 38 pounds. (Spoiler alert ― the Santee 116 won’t fight you when you paddle. It’ll work with you, so you’ll end up having a blast.)
- Length - 11'6"
- Width - 28"
- Capacity - 300#
- Weight 38#
- Bulkheads, ABS Plastic, Bow & Stern: Provide positive flotation
- Hatches: 5.5” Bow Bulkhead & 10” Stern provide storage compartment access
- Bow & Stern Deck Bungee: Provide storage for dry bag & gear
- Paddle Holder: Secures paddle to deck
- Security Bar: Cable lock your boat to the car or in storage
- Outfitting: AireStream seat and foam thigh pads
- Twist loc footbrace system: Easy adjustment from seated position
- Luggage Grab Handle, Bow & Stern: Comfortable grip when carrying kayak during portage